Family Connection’s family support staff builds dynamic relationships with school staff, families, and the community to ensure that families have the information and support needed to be effective and engaged partners in the school community. To help ensure that all children have the opportunity to achieve academic and personal success, we:
- Attend parent-teacher conferences and other school meetings at the request of parents and school staff
- Educate parents about school policies and procedures
- Inform parents of their rights and their child’s rights
- Build positive relationships between parents and school staff
(This project is funded, in part, under a contract with the Northampton County Department of Human Services through funds provided by the County of Northampton and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania)
School & Community Resources
Family Connection also supports families beyond the school walls. We enhance the school community by linking schools to local and regional community services and resources, hosting and supporting family nights, supplementing school-initiated programs and events, and providing support for school-based health care services.
- Tutoring, after school, and other academic support programs for children
- Child care services
- Adult education programs including GED & ESL classes
- Employment opportunities
- Food Stamps and WIC
- Food banks
- Safe, affordable housing
- Utility assistance
- Health care
- Counseling services
- Health insurance
For more information about these services, contact Elizabeth Reyes at (610) 250-2551 ext. 24240 or email@example.com
Parents Who Care is a four- to six-week family bonding and wellness program that builds on families’ strengths, develops positive parenting skills, and promotes family fun activities to improve the quality of life for children and families in Easton. Parents and caregivers meet in small groups with a facilitator using the Active Parenting Now video series to initiate discussion about each family’s individual strengths and challenges. Weekly group sessions include discussion, questions and answers, and sharing experiences.
- Parenting styles
- Taking care of YOU, the caregiver
- Stress management
- Communicating with your child
- What your child needs to succeed
During the parenting group, children participate in recreation and fitness activities of their own.
Upon completion of the program, families receive a special reward to encourage the continuation of family fun time and wellness activities.
Parents Who Care is designed for parents and caregivers of children aged 5 through 12. All families in the Easton Area School District are welcome. Workshops are free and transportation may be provided.
For more information about Parents Who Care call Elizabeth Reyes at (610) 250-2551 ext. 24240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Backpack Pals is a program designed to meet the needs of hungry children in EASD. The program provides over 1,000 food backpacks annually (commercially packaged non-perishable nutritious food) throughout the school year to local school children who may be experiencing food insufficiency when not in school. School-based pantries have been established at 4 EASD schools. Key volunteers and food items come from the community, congregations, organizations and individuals.
If you’d like to get involved by donating food items or assisting with inventory and packing, please contact Beth Beisel at (610) 250-2542 ext. 20018 or email@example.com
Health & Wellness
- Distributing dental health information to children and parents
- Providing dental supplies, such as toothbrushes and toothpaste, to students and their families
- Providing assistance to parents in completing insurance applications and finding a medical home
- Assisting school nurses with follow-up to families after failed vision or dental screenings
- Co-chairing the district’s Wellness Council
- Supplying nurses’ offices with basic needs items
For more information about Family Connection’s wellness programs, contact Keela Vincent at (610) 250-2551 ext. 24075 or firstname.lastname@example.org